Revolution-brand shoes and tights (pink and/or tan) are the only items that must be purchased from DancePraize. Although we have dancewear in stock at our studio, all other dancewear can be purchased elsewhere if you wish. The following items below are available at DancePraize Studio or you can order through DancePraize’s Online Store for your convenience.
Ballet and Pointe- black leotard, skirt (optional), pink tights, pink ballet shoes. Pointe shoes should be purchased at Footlights Dance Store in Little Rock (501) 227-5446. Scheduling an appointment is highly encouraged. Mention you are from DancePraize in Arkadelphia, and you will receive a 10% discount.
Acrobatic Arts- leotard, shorties (optional), spinners (not required for Mini-Acro or Acro Level 1)
Baton- leotard, shorties (optional), tan jazz shoes, baton ($50), tan tights (worn for recital only)
Combination Ballet and Tap Class (K-1st)- black leotard, pink tights, skirt (optional), pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes
Clogging- black leotard, skirt or shorties (optional), tan tights, black clogging shoes
Hip Hop- black leotard, shorties (optional), tan jazz shoes (tights are not required for class but will need to be purchased for recital)
Jazz/Lyrical- black leotard, skirt or shorties (optional), tan tights, tan jazz shoes
Lil’ Angels Ballet- leotard/tutu, pink ballet shoes (pink tights do not have to be worn in class but will need to be purchased for the recital)
Mommy & Me- comfortable clothing
Preschool Ballet & Tap Class- leotard/tutu, pink tights, ballet shoes, tap shoes
Musical Theater- black leotard, skirt or shorties (optional), tan tights, tan jazz shoes
Tap- black leotard, skirt or shorties (optional), tan tights, black tap shoes
Art-comfortable clothing (paint and other art supplies may get on clothing)
Hair: All dancers are expected to have their hair pulled back away from their face, preferably in a bun, however, a braid or ponytail will also be accepted. If hair is too short for a bun, it must be pulled back neatly from face, off neck and secured with bobby pins. Stud pierced earrings are the ONLY jewelry allowed in class.
A recital will be held in the Spring to encourage students to demonstrate to family and friends what they have accomplished during the year. Recital costumes are tasteful and age-appropriate and are required to purchase. Anyone missing more than 8 classes throughout the year will not be allowed to perform in the recital. A student’s costume will not be ordered unless all fees (including the costume fee) and tuition are up-to-date.
DancePraize reserves the right to cancel or combine any class or level that does not have a sufficient number of students enrolled to support an instructor for the class. If a class is canceled, you have the option of receiving a refund for any tuition payments made for that class or having a credit put on your account.
In the event of inclement weather, DancePraize will follow the Arkadelphia Public School District’s school closings. Please check DancePraize’s Facebook page for further confirmation.
A Few Simple Rules
• Polite, respectful behavior is expected of all students.
• Be on time (arriving late disturbs class time).
• Do not chew gum.
• Please do not make excessive noise in the waiting area while waiting for your class to begin.
• No food or drink in the studio (except water bottles if needed).
Notes to Parents.....
• For your child’s safety, please arrange for prompt pick-up. DancePraize is NOT responsible for children left unattended outside of class time.
• Please respect our teachers when classes are in session--we kindly ask that no parents or siblings be in the dance studio during classes. We will inform you of Parent Nights throughout the semester for you to observe your child in the dance studio. If siblings attend, we ask that you keep them quiet so they are not a distraction. Parents may take photos of their own children during Parent Nights. We do have observation windows in each studio.
• Please make sure your child labels his/her name in all dancewear. The LOST and FOUND box is located in the office. All unclaimed items are donated to The Lighthouse at the end of the dance season.
• We recommend all students are potty-trained, however, if your child still needs assistance, we ask that you remain in the waiting area.
• Because we want to put God first in all that we do, we have a brief prayer during each class. However, we will remain thoughtful of and welcoming to students of all religious beliefs. Any religious objections to our worldview should NOT prohibit a student from attending our classes.
If you should ever have any suggestions as to how we might improve our studio, we are always open to new ideas. We are also happy to answer any questions you might have. We are looking forward to a successful year of dance.