Students must be dressed and hair properly fixed prior to entering class. All students will need a black leotard, pink tights and black skirt for ballet, tap, and jazz. Students will also need a pair of pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes. These supplies can be ordered through DancePraize if needed.*
All dancers are expected to have their hair pulled back away from their face, preferably in a bun, however, a braid or ponytail will also be accepted. If hair is too short for a bun, it must be pulled back neatly from face, off neck and secured with bobby pins. Stud pierced earrings are the ONLY jewelry allowed in class.
Payment for dancewear will be required at this time. If dancewear is needed after these dates, an additional shipping fee may be required.
A recital will be held in the Spring to encourage students to demonstrate to family and friends what they have accomplished during the year. Anyone missing more than 8 classes throughout the year will not be allowed to perform in the recital.
Costumes - Tasteful, age-appropriate costumes will be chosen for each dance number. Anyone participating in the recital is required to purchase a costume in January. A student’s costume will not be ordered unless all fees (including the costume fee) and tuition are up-to-date.
DancePraize reserves the right to cancel or combine any class or level that does not have a sufficient number of students enrolled to support an instructor for the class. If a class is cancelled, you have the option of receiving a refund for any tuition payments made for that class, or having a credit put on your account.
In the event of inclement weather, DancePraize will follow the Arkadelphia Public School District’s school closings. Please check DancePraize’s office voicemail for further confirmation.
A Few Simple Rules:
Polite, respectful behavior is expected of all students.
Be on time (arriving late disturbs class time).
Do not chew gum.
Please do not make excessive noise in the waiting area while waiting for your class to begin.
No food or drink in the studio (except water bottles if needed).
No running or horseplay, which can cause injury and/or disturb class.
Notes to Parents.....
• For your child’s safety, please arrange for prompt pick-up. DancePraize is NOT responsible for children left unattended outside of class time.
• Please respect our teachers when classes are in session--we kindly ask that no parents or siblings be in the dance studio during classes. We will inform you of Parent Nights throughout the semester for you to observe your child in the dance studio. If siblings attend, we ask that you keep them quiet so they are not a distraction. Parents may take photos of their own children during Parent Nights.
• Please make sure your child labels his/her name in all dance shoes. There will be a LOST and FOUND box located in the office.
• We recommend all students be potty-trained, however, if your child still needs assistance, we ask that you remain in the waiting area.
• Because we want to put God first in all that we do, we have a brief prayer during each class. However, we will remain thoughtful of and welcoming to students of all religious beliefs. Any religious objections to our worldview should NOT prohibit a student from attending our classes.
If you should ever have any suggestions as to how we might improve our studio, we are always open to new ideas. We are also happy to answer any questions you might have. We are looking forward to a successful year of dance.